Friday, December 31, 2010

New Hampshire

Well the one cool thing is that with facts like this: "New Hampshire has the shortest ocean coastline of any U.S. coastal state, with a length of 18 miles (29 km)." You can check the whole state for surf in about 30 minutes.
And since today is flat again, I figured I'd post a mini geography lesson for all my friends not familiar with New Hampshire.


(click to enlarge)

So if you find Hampton Beach on the map, that is where I'm living. It is about 5 minutes from the Mass. state line and about 25 minutes from the Maine state line. I'm heading to Peterborough this evening which is home to the country's oldest public library (1833). NH is also home to Mount Washington which has recorded the second highest wind speed ever at 231 m.p.h. Also it was the first place I surfed on the East Coast of the U.S. Along with being the first place I ever set off fireworks in a blizzard. For other info on NH see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire#cite_note-6

I hope everyone has a Happy New Years Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment